Thursday, 28 January 2016

A Busy Week

I’ve had an unusually busy time this week. Firstly, I went out for a meal with EC, PDMC and JA at handmade burger co. on Friday evening. A huge disadvantage of being vegan is that it can be virtually impossible to eat out with family and friends, but I like eating here as the staff are friendly and welcoming and it’s also one of the few places locally where I can easily get a vegan meal. They recently altered their vegetarian menu so they now have four vegan burgers on offer -Cajun Vegetable and Bean, Spinach and Lentil, Sweet Potato and Bean and Chickpea and Quinoa, all of which are pretty yummy and well worth a try even if you aren’t vegan.

Afterwards we went to the cinema to see ‘Creed’. I don’t generally rate Sylvester Stallone as an actor but he impressed me in this - despite Michael B. Jordan's solid performance, he pretty much stole the show.



There are a few corny bits (it is a Rocky film after all) but there’s some genuinely touching moments, too. The sparring scenes were incredible and I felt like they set the pace of the film as it led up to the final, graphic fight scene.


It gets a big thumbs-up from me!

I popped round to see my sister the following afternoon as it was her 40th birthday. My mum made her this cake. It's really lovely isn't it?



Then at the beginning of the week I picked up some more yarn so that I can finish the jumper that I started for EC just before Christmas. 



The jumper is a pretty simple pattern and it’s done in aran yarn so it shouldn’t take me long to finish it off, which will be good because she gets particularly cold at the moment.



It's annoying because I always seem to run out of yarn right in the middle of a project. Some might say that this is bad planning on my behalf (!) but in my defense I think that it's usually because I try to use the leftovers in my stash first and I just seriously overestimate how much I have.


I also got some new watercolour pencils the other day. I've never used watercolour pencils before and have no real idea how to use them, so i just did a bit of experimental doodling with them last night. 


I’m going to have a look online and see if there's any tutorials on how to use them and hope to spend a bit of time this weekend practicing. 


Hopefully I'll be able to create something with them which is a bit less hideous than this!


I think another one of the reasons that I’ve seemed so busy this week is the huge amount of waiting around that I’ve done. There just seems to have been massive queues in shops and delays for buses, on the ‘phone, in traffic, everywhere!  I suspect the reason for this will turn out to be that an important planet in my sign is retrograde or that the planets are temporarily aligned at some sort of a disadvantageous position for me. It looks like until this changes I’m just going to have to cope with feeling super-frustrated that I’ve not made as much progress in certain areas as I wanted to this week. X

2 comments:

  1. Greetings! Found you at "Creative Everyday" and so glad I did! I enjoy crocheting as well (just getting started really), but painting is my first love. What an interesting home you have! You can't help but feel creative every day. Have a wonderful weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, it's good to hear from you. I hope you're enjoying the 'Creative Everyday Challenge' as much as I am. It's really encouraging me to try new things like painting.I hope you have a lovely weekend, too x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you all x